Baby Van Gogh is the 5th video to be released in the Baby Einstein series. It includes music by Satie, Bizet, Rossini, Mussorgsky, Strauss II, Ravel, Offenbach, Brahms and Tchaikovsky. It's counterpart CD is Art Time Classics. It teaches your child about art in six colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. It was released on August 15, 2000. It was also sold in a 'special' pack including the VHS and the book. It was later re-released sometime in 2004, with some alterations.
- Cactus Cha Cha, Weisbach: Carlos the Dancing Cactus
- Opening Titles (Trois Gymnopedies No. 1 in D Major, Lent Et Doulourex, Satie)
- Fake VCR/VHS static appears, (before the part where you cannot see what's going on during crashing noises) Vincent Van Goat is covered in paint and paints the letter V on the palette.
- Music video (Carmen Suite No. 1, Les Toreadors, Bizet): raindrops, strawberries in water, flamingos, chicks, flowers, flower blooming, paint, hot air balloons, purple tunnel, (could either be a whirlpool or a vortex) clouds, trees, parrot, butterflies, bee, flowers blooming, mountain, leaves
- Leaves reveal the word yellow
- Poem (When yellow sneaks into my day, I race outside to jump and play; I twirl around for dizzy fun, and spin under the yellow sun): Duck spins around in circles while making noises.
- Music video (William Tell Overture, "Lone Ranger", Finale, Rossini): Vincent prepares to paint, Wind-Up Fuzzy Chicks, sunflowers, food coloring, Sierra smells flowers, Baby's First Car, Vincent continues painting, Acrobats, Puppy Pull Toy, Teddy Mobile, Aspen and Mia throw Easter Plastic Grass at each other, food coloring, Blacklight Mind Bender Blurz in 2 different angles, Gearation, Vincent finishes the painting of Wheat Fields with Reaper at Sunrise
- Sierra licks a lemon, and says "yellow" (different background in 2004)
- Inchworm Finger Puppets (replaced by Shufflebugs Finger Puppets in 2004)
- Auto Shape Sorter
- Bonkers the Frog plays with green balloons, but when Vincent shows up, he runs away. Then, Vincent pops them one by one, revealing the word green.
- Poem (Green slithers in to make me cool, I'm floating in a still wet pool with butterflies that dart and pass, surrounded by the glistening grass): Bonkers wears a pool float, and sunglasses as butterflies surround him
- Music video (Pictures at an Exhibition, Promenade I, Mussorgsky): Vincent starts painting, frog, Creeping Caterpillar, Madeline shakes Easter Plastic Grass off her head, Glo Oozy Lamp, Vincent continues painting, Happy Color Musical Toy, Macrae wears Duckbill Headband behind the Daisy Pinwheel, Alien Orbiter, Vincent finishes painting of Lane in the Public Gardens
- Brad stacks Bag O' Blocks and shouts "green"
- Fly Finger Puppet (replaced by Shufflebugs Finger Puppet in 2004)
- Baby Bach the Bunny finds himself (in a dual role) in the Magic Hat. They both leave and the word orange appears.
- Poem (I'm orange and happy, brilliant, bright! My spirit's soaring like a kite! I cartwheel through leaves of fall, they're crunchy orange, they're big and small): Baby Bach plays in leaves
- Music video (On the Beautiful Blue Danube, Op. 314, Strauss II): Vincent starts painting, Gabriel, Aspen, and Brad rock back and forth, Vincent continues painting, Gabriel, Aspen, and Brad continue rocking, Benny the Butterfly (replaced by Hot Bungees Plush Monkey in 2004), Vincent continues painting, Brandon wears a Headband Hat and plays Giraffe Cone Puppet, Lava Lamp, Brandon and Huggy Buggy Car, sunset, food coloring, fishes, Blacklight Mind Bender Blurz, Vincent finishes painting of 14 Sunflowers
- Gabriel, Aspen, and Brad each shout "orange"
- Mosquito Finger Puppet (replaced by Shufflebugs Finger Puppet in 2004)
- Level 4 Ramp Racer (replaced by Deluxe F1 Level 5 Ramp Racer in 5 different angles in 2004)
- Vincent falls in love with Vivian Van Goat, and they leave to reveal the word purple
- Poem (Purple feels wacky, wild, crazy, tricky, mellow, and mild; it makes me want to paint my face, and kick a ball, and run a race): Vivian is hit by a Purple Gertie 9" Ball
- Music video (Bolero in C Major, M. 81, Ravel): Vincent starts painting, Butterfly Crystalites, Sand Picture, Modified Tornado Lamp, Magma Lite Lamp: Midnight Oil (replaced by Fiber Optic Butterfly in 2004), Vincent continues painting, Mia and Sierra catch bubbles while wearing Butterfly Headbands, The Wave Machine, Doodletop, Vincent stops painting Orchards in Blossom, View of Arles, and Duck completes it.
- Aspen, wearing a princess costume and princess cone, says "purple"
- Inchworm Finger Puppets (replaced by Shufflebugs Finger Puppets in 2004)
- Funny Train in 3 different angles
- Morris Moose drops in with a cape, and drags in the word red
- Poem (When I wake up feeling red, I swoop down from my little bed, throw on a cape, rush out the door, and leap across the scarlet floor): Morris leaps across the screen with a cape on
- Music video (Gaite Parisienne, Vivo, Offenbach): Vincent starts dancing, Grand Prix in 4 different angles, Morris in a triple role, Spiral Comets (replaced by Gemini with added Hi-Bounce Balls: Swirls and Hi-Bounce Balls: Hot Rainbow in 2004), 32 Figures Flashing UFO (replaced by Super Yoyo Laser Top in 2004), Morris in a triple role and at least one Morris looks around.
- Vincent sighs upon his incomplete painting of Fishing Boats on the Beach, and hears a timpani noise and Vincent yawns feeling tired, turns off the light and leaves and has to go to bed. Duck returns to turn it on and finish the painting.
- Maddison says "red" with the Girl Cone Puppet
- Fly Finger Puppet (replaced by Shufflebugs Finger Puppet in 2004)
- Voice-Controlled Euro Train in 3 different angles
- Hickory Dickory Dock, Traditional: Misty Mouse finds blue in all the Paint Buckets
- Poem (If my feelings turn to blue, I toss some happy in my stew, and slurp it up without a spoon, and gaze out at the milky moon): Misty pours sprinkles into a bowl and looks at the moon.
- Music video (Wiegenlied, Op. 49, No. 4, Guten Abend, Gute Nacht, Brahms): Vincent starts painting, Seagull Balance Toy, Color Maze Liquid Timer, Brad and Gabriel get balloons dropped on the umbrella, Tear Drop Jewel, Kinetic Rocking Dolphins, Vincent continues painting, Whale Motion Wave, Brad and Huggy Buggy Car, Whale Motion Wave, sunset, Vincent finishes The Starry Night. Brad ends the show by saying "blue".
- Music video (Pictures at an Exhibition, Great Gate at Kiev, Mussorgsky): Penguin with sunrise, rainbow, starfish, flowers blooming, peacock, moth pollinating, flowers, cactus by sunset
- Closing Credits (1812 Overture in E Flat Major, Op. 49, 5th Movement, Tchaikovsky) Each credit has a child from the video behind the scenes after it, then all the puppets bowing (minus Vincent) along with Max Lamb, and then finally, Markie Scholz with Vincent and Duck (not shown in 2004).
- Pictures at an Exhibition (not shown in US 2003 and 2004)
- Yellow (Wheat Fields with Reaper at Sunrise)
- Green (Lane in the Public Gardens)
- Orange (14 Sunflowers)
- Purple (Orchards in Blossom, View of Arles)
- Red (Fishing Boats on the Beach)
- Blue (The Starry Night)
|Video Producers||Bill Clark|
|Sound design||Bill Weisbach|
|The Players||Bill Weisbach|
Brandon Calbart (does not speak)
Macrae Long (does not speak)
Maddison Long (does not speak)
Madeline Pluto (does not speak)
Mia Mettais (does not speak)
|Carlos the Dancing Cactus by Great American Fun|
|Vincent Van Goat Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Yellow Ducky Duck/Duck Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Paint Buckets by Crayola|
|Wind-Up Fuzzy Chicks by Iwaya|
|Yellow and Orange Food Coloring (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Baby's First Car by Ambi Toys|
|Acrobats by Ambi Toys|
|Puppy Pull Toy by Brio|
|Teddy Mobile by Ambi Toys|
|Yellow and Green Easter Plastic Grass (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Blacklight Mind Bender Blruz by AADLP|
|Gearation by TOMY|
|Inchworm Finger Puppets by Nancy Carlson/Mary Meyer||Shufflebugs Finger Puppets by Manhattan Toy|
|Auto Shape Sorter by Chicco|
|Surfin' Sea Turtle/Bonkers Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Green Party Balloons (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Creeping Caterpillar by Jimson|
|Glo Oozy Lamp (Green) by Spencer's Gifts|
|Happy Color Musical Toy by Chicco|
|Duckbill Headband by The Great Pretenders|
|Daisy Pinwheel by Garden Plast|
|Alien Orbiter (Green) by Uncle Milton|
|Bag O' Blocks by Ryan's Room|
|Fly Finger Puppet by Nancy Carlson/Mary Meyer|
|Jester-in-the-Box by Schylling|
|Magic Hat by The Great Pretenders|
|Sunny Bunny/Baby Bach the Rabbit Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Benny the Butterfly Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore||Hot Bungees Plush Monkey by Aurora|
|Giraffe Cone Puppet by Morvaska Ustredna|
|Headband Hat by The Great Pretenders|
|Lava Lamp (Red-Orange) by Lava|
|Huggy Buggy Cars by Itsy Bitsy Entertainment Co.|
|Mosquito Finger Puppet by Nancy Carlson/Mary Meyer|
|Level 4 Ramp Racer by Maxim Enterprises||Deluxe F1 Level 5 Ramp Racer by Maxim Enterprises|
|Van Goat a la Pink/Vivian Van Goat Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Purple Gertie 9" Ball by Small World Toys|
|Butterfly Crystalites by White Eagle|
|Sand Picture (Purple) by Golden Island|
|Modified Tornado Lamp (One of a Kind, Unavailable)|
|Magma Lite Lamp: Midnight Oil by Lava||Fiber Optic Butterfly by Spencer's Gifts|
|Butterfly Headbands by The Great Pretenders|
|Bubble Catcher/Blower (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|The Wave Machine (Purple/Green) by Lava|
|Doodletop (Purple) by University Games|
|Funny Train by MSD|
|Morris Moose Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Grand Prix by Chicco|
|Spiral Comets by Spencer's Gifts||Gemini by Golden Island
Hi-Bounce Balls: Swirls & Hi-Bounce Balls: Hot Rainbow by Ja-Ru
|32 Figures Flashing UFO (Manufacturer Unknown)||Super Yoyo Laser Top by Toy Quest|
|Girl Cone Puppet by Morvaska Ustredna|
|Voice-Controlled Euro Train by Chicco|
|Misty Mouse Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
|Seagull Balance Toy (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Color Maze Liquid Timer (Blue) by Carlisle|
|Tear Drop Jewel (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Kinetic Rocking Dolphins by Carlisle|
|Whale Motion Wave by Carlisle|
|Max Lamb Bath Puppet by Legends & Lore|
- Vincent Van Goat (Host) (played by Markie Scholz) (only appearance)
- Duck (L&L) (played by Markie Scholz) (first appearance)
- Bonkers the Frog (played by Markie Scholz) (only appearance)
- Baby Bach the Bunny (played by Markie Scholz) (first appearance)
- Benny the Butterfly (2000-2003) (played by Markie Scholz) (only appearance)
- Vivian Van Goat (played by Markie Scholz) (only appearance)
- Morris Moose (played by Markie Scholz) (first appearance)
- Misty Mouse (played by Markie Scholz) (first appearance)
- Max Lamb (played by Markie Scholz) (only appearance)
- Aspen Clark (wearing a yellow tank top with black polkadot leggings, orange and purple shirts and black pants and purple socks and a princess dress and hat)
- Brad Boller (wearing a green, orange and blue T-shirts)
- Brandon Calbart (wearing a red cap, orange and red T-shirts)
- Gabriel Mazon (wearing an orange and blue jacket and khaki pants)
- Macrae Long (wearing a green button shirt and duck hat)
- Maddison Long (wearing a red T-shirt)
- Madeline Pluto (wearing a green tank top)
- Mia Mettais (wearing a yellow and white striped T-shirt, yellow skirt, purple shirt and butterfly hat)
- Sierra Clark (wearing a yellow tank top, pink pigtails, purple shirt and butterfly hat)
- Markie Scholz (wearing a black shirt)
- Cactus Cha-Cha, Weisbach (Dancing Cactuses)
- Trois Gymnopedies No. 1 in D Manjor, Lent Et Doulourex, Satie (Opening Credits)
- Carmen Suite No. 1, Les Toreadors, Bizet (Overture)
- William Tell Overture, "Lone Ranger", Finale, Rossini (Yellow)
- Pictures an an Exhibition, Promenade I, Mussorgsky (Green)
- On the Beautiful Blue Danube, Op. 314, Strauss II (Orange)
- Bolero in C Major, M.81, Ravel (Purple)
- Gaite Parisienne, Vivo, Offenbach (Red)
- Hickory Dickory Dock, Traditional (Blue)
- Wiegenlied, Op. 49, No. 4, Guten Abend, Gute Nacht, Brahms (Blue)
- Pictures at an Exhibition, Great Gate at Kiev, Mussorgsky (Finale)
- 1812 Overture in E Flat Major, Op. 49, 5th Movement, Tchaikovsky (Closing Credits)
Bonus Songs (Art Time Classics Concert Hall)
- William Tell Overture, Call to the Cows, Rossini
- Gaite Parisienne, Barcarolle, Offenbach
- Waltz No. 6 in D Flat Major, Minute, Op. 64, No. 1, Chopin
- Swan Lake Suite, Act II, No. 13, Dance of the Swans, Tempo di Valse, Op. 20a, Tchaikovsky
- Pictures an an Exhibition, Promenade II, Mussorgsky
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 in E Major, Op. 46, Morning Mood, Grieg
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 in B Minor, Op. 46, In the Hall of the Mountain King, Grieg
- The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Flight of the Bumblebee, Op. 57, Rimsky-Korsakov
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C Sharp Minor, S. 244/2, Liszt
- Pictures an an Exhibition, Promenade III, Mussorgsky
- Suite Bergamasque No. 3 in D Flat Major, Clair de Lune, L. 75/3, Debussy
- Wheat Fields with Reaper at Sunrise (Yellow)
- Lane in the Public Gardens (Green)
- 14 Sunflowers (Orange)
- Orchards in Blossom, View of Arles (Purple)
- Fishing Boats on the Beach (Red)
- The Starry Night (Blue)
- Baby Van Gogh was the first BE video distributed by Family Home Entertainment, who distributed the videos until 2001, after World Animals, when The Baby Einstein Company was acquired by Disney.
- This is the first BE video to have the Baby Einstein caterpillar logo in its original release.
- This video was the basis for the World of Colors discovery kit.
- This is the first BE video to be released in the 2000's decade.
- This is the first video to feature music by more than one composer.
- Several toys here were seen in other videos: Blacklight Mind Bender Blurz in Baby Bach, Baby Shakespeare, and Baby Beethoven; the Gearation in Baby Shakespeare and Baby da Vinci; the Alien Orbiter and The Wave Machine in Baby Mozart; the Bag O' Blocks in Numbers Nursery, Baby Shakespeare 2004 and Baby Newton 2004; the Jester-in-the-Box and Giraffe Cone Puppet in World Animals and Meet The Orchestra; the Huggy Buggy Cars in Numbers Nursery; the Fiber Optic Butterfly in Baby Mozart 2004 & 2008; and the Teddy Mobile in Baby Lullaby.
- This is the first appearance of Duck in Legends & Lore form, Baby Bach the Bunny (as a puppet), Morris Moose, and Misty Mouse. This is the only appearance of Vincent Van Goat, Bonkers the Frog, Benny the Butterfly, Vivian Van Goat, and Max Lamb (footage of them was reused in World of Colors, except for Benny).
- This is the only appearances of Brad, Gabriel, and Brandon (footage of them was reused in Baby's First Sounds and World of Colors). This is the first appearance of Mia, Macrae, and Maddison. This is the last appearance of Madeline.
- This is the first video to have classical music by Satie, Bizet, Rossini, Mussorgsky, Strauss II, Ravel, Offenbach, Brahms, and Tchaikovsky, as well as the first video with more than one composer.
- This is the last BE Video to include a Toy Chest at the end of VHS Releases.
- This is the first video with boys.
- This is almost the shortest video ever made.
- This is the second video where the opening and closing themes are not in C Major or G Major. The opening theme, Gymnopedie No. 1 by Erik Satie is in D Major and the closing theme 1812 Overture by Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky is in E Flat Major before Pictures at an Exhibition, Promenade by Modest Mussorgsky is in B Flat Major during the showing of pictures at the end of the video.
- This is the only BE video where the letters in the word "baby" in the title logo are in different colors from what they usually are, the first "b" is green instead of red, the "a" is bigger and is red instead of yellow, the second "b" stays blue and the "y" is purple instead of green.
- The 2004 version on the opening titles is the only one that has Baby Mozart the Koala instead of Baby Vivaldi the Mallard.
- The 2000-2002 DVD Concert Hall has music from the Art Time Classics 2000 CD, but Bolero by Maurice Ravel is shown on most copies of the 2000 DVD but not in some copies of the 2000 DVD as well as the 2002 DVD. However, the Art Time Classics CD enclosed on the VHS contains Bolero by Maurice Ravel, but not the Baby Van Gogh Soundtrack CD, which is enclosed on the 2001 - 2002 VHS that features almost all the classical music from the Baby Van Gogh Soundtrack CD, in which the Gymnopedie No. 1 by Erik Satie isn't on the Art Time Classics 2000 CD or the Baby Van Gogh Audio Sampler CD enclosed on the 2003 - 2004 VHS, that BabyEinstein12702 is the only enthusiast to have the VHS w/CD. However, some copies of the 2003 VHS come with the Baby Van Gogh Soundtrack CD because the 2003 VHS is the same as 2002, besides the cover.
- In some foreign releases, the kids behind the scenes in the credits were removed.