Baby Newton is the 9th Baby Einstein video to be released. It is a Baby Einstein video that teaches your child about shapes, circle, square, oval, rectangle and triangle. Vivaldi made the music for Baby Newton. The visuals include toys, animation, puppet shows and nature! Baby Newton was released March 12, 2002. It's counterpart CD is Baby Vivaldi. Some of the toys had been after the video was made so Disney decided to replace the toys in the 2004 edition. Baby Newton was later replaced with Discovering Shapes in 2007 due to poor parent reviews.
The video also includes a song called "I Know My Shapes" by Jack Moss (later sung by Callie Moore in 2004 releases). It's a way to teach your child shapes in a fun, silly way.
- The Four Seasons Concerto in E Major "Spring (La Primavera"), Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269, I. Allegro: Baby Newton the Lion draws a picture of a Clown with the 96 Crayon Pack
- The Four Seasons Concerto in F Major "Autumn (L'autunno"), Op. 8, No. 3, RV 293, I. Allegro: Opening titles (different in 2004)
- I Know My Shapes, Jack Moss (replaced by Callie Moore with different music in 2004): Crayons come out of the box, Green, Yellow, and Black walk together, Orange walks and draws, Blue jumps high and turns Yellow, draws a Clown, Shape Singers, Clown sees shapes and builds a tower
- Circle in yellow
- Pavlov the Dog (Playsoup) plays with Polka Dotted Balls but eventually has an avalanche of them come onto him
- The Clown finds the circle and hula-hoops
- Music video (Concerto Grosso for Violin & String Orchestra in G Major, Op. 3, No. 3, RV 310, I. Allegro): bubbles, Clock Ramp Walker, owl blinking, girl on tire swing, Musical Land: Airplane (replaced by Solar Power Plane Ride in 2004), Venus Rotating Fiber Optic Lamp, basketball, Crystal Ball, girl with sunglasses, sunflower, raindrops fall in water, peas, Georello Kaleidogears, oranges
- Blue swings on a rope
- Square in blue
- Baby Newton fixes a broken frame with the 25 Piece Toolbox, and other tools in the back
- Pop Goes the Weasel, Traditional The Clown finds a jack-in-the-box
- Music video (Concerto in G Major for 2 Mandolins & Strings, RV 532 I. Allegro): Rock Dice Light, boy waving a checkered flag, The Colorcube Puzzle, Super Helter Shelter (replaced by Bag O'Blocks in 2004), cube animations, 12" Disco Ball, Soft Foam Shapes
- Red draws an oval with Black
- Oval in green
- Ducks stretch out a circle to make an oval
- The Clown looks at himself in an oval mirror
- Music video (The Four Seasons Concerto in F Minor "Winter (L'inverno"), Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, II. Largo): Solar Power Biker, Amber Color Mix, jellyfish, hot air balloons, mushroom, tomatoes, raindrop on flowers zoomed out, raindrop zoomed in
- Green walks with a cane
- Rectangle in purple
- Neighton the Horse is surprised at his Door by Baby MacDonald the Cow blowing a Party Blower, wearing a Flower Party Hat, Pavlov the Dog holding a USA Pinwheel, Baby Newton with purple streamers, and Duck with sunglasses
- The Clown plays music from a music book
- Music video (Concerto in C Major for 2 Trumpets, Strings & Basso Continuo, RV 537, III. Allegro): Highrise Rescue, Yellow & Blue Wind-Up Walking Suitcase, flags, Thomas & Friends Wind-Up Bulgy, Yellow Wind-Up Walking Suitcase, jungle gym, Tin Rover Space Dog, blueprints, Spinning Sam, Pink Wind-Up Walking Suitcase, bus, Clowns on Ladder Run, train with box carts, coal trucks, bridge
- Blue Wind-Up Walking Suitcase
- Yellow and Orange play chase
- Triangle in red
- Baby Newton blows away the gold glitter with a Mini Pink Fan to reveal a triangle
- The Clown plays a triangle
- Music video (Concerto in B Minor for 4 Violins & Cellos, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580, I. Allegro): 3 Wooden Pop-Up Clowns, triangle graphics, bridge, Hedgehog Ramp Walker with Hexagonal Triangle Mosaic Pattern Blocks, 3D Spinning Lamp: Butterflies (replaced by Bag O'Blocks in 2004), Double Bridge with Battery Operated Engine and Cars (replaced by Girder Bridge, Blue Engine, Yellow Tipping Wagon, & Tipping Wagon with Load in 2004), Happy Circle Balance Toy, The Stars & Crystal Kit, Hammerspiel (Hammer Game) (replaced by Magnetic Shapes in 2004), Geosphere Kit, Ferris Wheel with a White Triangle, pyramids, sailboat
- Yellow on pogostick
- Shapes Review, I Know My Shapes (Instrumental) (different music in 2004)
- I Know My Shapes! by Jack Moss (replaced by Callie Moore with different music in 2004) (reprise): Crayons come out of the box, Green, Yellow, and Black walk together, Orange walks and draws, Blue jumps high and turns Yellow, draws a Clown, Shape Singers, Clown sees shapes and builds a tower, but he knocks the tower down
- Concerto in D Major for Lute, 2 Violins & Basso Continuo, RV 93, I. Allegro: Closing credits
Puppets (all debut)
- Baby Newton the Lion (Host) (Playsoup) (played by David Privett and Julie Clark)
- Pavlov the Dog (Version 1) (Playsoup) (played by David Privett and Julie Clark)
- Duck (Version 1) (Playsoup) (played by David Privett)
- Neighton the Horse (Version 1) (Playsoup) (played by David Privett)
- Baby MacDonald the Cow (Version 1) (played by Julie Aigner-Clark)
|Presented by||The Baby Einstein Company, LLC|
|Music & Sound Design||Bill Weisbach|
|Videographer Editor||Mark Burr|
|Audio Production||Clive Smith|
|Art Direction||Leslee Anne Terpay|
|The Players||Aaron Drake|
|Songs by||Antonio Vivaldi
Jack Moss (2002 version)
Callie Moore (2004 version)
I know my shapes.
Do you know your shapes?
- Circle (Bicycle)
- Circle (Pizza)
- Circle (Basketball)
- Oval (Watercolors)
- Oval (Egg)
- Oval (Watermelon)
- Rectangle (Books)
- Rectangle (Chalkboard)
- Rectangle (Door)
- Square (Flag)
- Square (Dice)
- Square (Present)
- Triangle (Roof)
- Triangle (Flags)
- Triangle (Pyramids)
|Baby Newton the Lion Puppet by Playsoup|
|96 Crayon Pack (Old Brand) by Crayola|
|Pavlov the Dog Puppet (Version 1) (Brown) by Playsoup|
|Polka-Dotted Balls by Playsoup|
|Clock Ramp Walker by Dihras|
|Musical Land: Plane Ride (Color) by Ishiguro||Motion Sculpture Lamp: Plane Ride Ride by Carlisle|
|Venus Rotating Fiber Optic Lamp by Spencer's Gifts|
|Crystal Ball (Purple) by Schylling|
|Georello Kaleidogears (Old Version) by Quercetti|
|25 Piece Toolbox by Home Depot|
|Eco Ranger Chainsaw by Home Depot|
|Rock Dice Light (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|The Colorcube Puzzle by Ikoso Kits|
|Super Helter Shelter by HEROS||Bag O'Blocks by Ryan's Room|
|12" Disco Ball (Gold) by Spencer's Gifts|
|Soft Foam Shapes by Lauri Crepe|
|Duck Puppet (1st Version) by Playsoup|
|Sunglasses (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Motion Sculpture Lamp: Cyclist by Carlisle|
|Amber Color Mix by Westminster|
|Door Prop by Playsoup|
|Neighton the Horse Puppet by Playsoup|
|Baby MacDonald the Cow Puppet (Version 1) by Playsoup|
|Flower Party Hat (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Tye-Dye Party Blower (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|USA Pinwheel by Slinky|
|Purple Streamers (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Highrise Rescue by DYTOY|
|Wind-Up Walking Suitcase by Charm Co|
|Thomas & Friends Wind-Up Bulgy by TOMY|
|Tin Rover Space Dog by Schylling|
|Spinning Sam by Wooden Toys Shop|
|Clowns on Ladder Run by Dihras|
|Mini Pink Fan by Opolar|
|Wooden Pop-Up Clowns by Wooden Toys Shop|
|Hedgehog Ramp Walker by Dihras|
|Hexagonal Triangle Mosaic Pattern Blocks by Froebel USA|
|3D Spinning Lamp: Butterflies by Culus|
|Battery Engine, 49 Piece Train Set by HEROS||Girder Bridge, Blue Engine, Yellow Tipping Wagon, & Tipping Wagon with Load by Brio|
|Happy Circle Balance Toy by Golden Island|
|The Stars & Crystal Kit by Ikoso Kits|
|Hammerspiel (Hammer Game) by HEROS||Magnetic Shapes (Manufacturer Unknown)|
|Geosphere Kit by Ikoso Kits|
|Tin Wind-Up Ferris Wheel by Schylling|
- "The Contest Between Harmony and Invention" Op. 8: Concerto No. 1 in E Major "Spring" RV 269, I. Allegro (Drawing Puppet Show)
- "The Contest Between Harmony and Invention" Op. 8: Concerto No. 3 in F Major "Autumn" RV 293, I. Allegro (Opening Credits)
- I Know My Shapes, Jack Moss (2002-2003), Callie Moore (2004) (Dancing CGI Crayons and a CGI Clown)
- "The Harmonic Inspiration" Op. 3: Concerto No. 3 in G Major for solo Violin & Strings RV 310, I. Allegro (Circle)
- Pop Goes the Weasel, Traditional (Square)
- Concerto in G Major for 2 Mandolins & Strings, RV 532, I. Allegro (Shortened Version) (Square)
- "The Contest Between Harmony and Invention" Op. 8: Concerto No. 4 in F Minor "Winter" RV 297, II. Largo (Shortened Version) (Oval)
- Two Concertos Op. 46: Concerto No. 1 in C Major for 2 Trumpets, Strings & Basso Continuo RV 537, III. Allegro (Rectangle)
- "The Harmonic Inspiration" Op. 3: Concerto No. 10 in B Minor for 4 Violins & Cellos RV 580, I. Allegro (Triangle)
- Chamber Concerto in D Major for Lute, 2 Violins & Basso Continuo, RV 93, I. Allegro (Closing Credits)
- This is the second video to have music by Vivaldi.
- This is only Baby Einstein video to use CGI animation, besides the caterpillar logo.
- This is also the first video to be distributed by Disney after the acquisition of the Baby Einstein Company by Disney in 2001.
- This is the first video to use puppets designed by Dave Privett used as Playsoup.
- This is the only Baby Einstein video to not have any kids, the other is Neptune's Oceans. (not counting stock footage)
- The Ferris Wheel by Schylling was also shown in Baby Bach, released 4 years before this video.
- The extended versions of the Drawing, Square and Oval songs are reused in the Baby Monet video taken from the Baby Vivaldi CD.
- This was the second to last video to be made by Julie Clark as well as her last video being puppeteer until the Discovery Kits.
- The UFO Fiber Flash Lamp by Spencer Gifts previously appeared on Baby Mozart and later appeared in Baby Galileo and the 2004 remake of Language Nursery.
- The Walking Suitcase was later seen on Discovering Shapes.
- On top of all the information on toys seen on Baby Newton (including the Thomas and Friends Wind Up Bulgy by Tomy), this video was released 1 week after Anchor Bay Entertainment released Best of James from the Thomas and Friends American home video series.
- Despite this video getting a 2007 cover design on the official site and still part of the Demos and Toys in Videos sections, this video was unfortunately replaced by Discovering Shapes due to the poor reviews by parents (likely because of the animation and the 2004 changes). However, there is a 2007 stock photo and a UK Version.
- This is the first appearance of Baby Newton the Lion, Pavlov the Dog (Version 1), Duck (Version 1), and Neighton the Horse (Version 1) all in Playsoup form, and Baby MacDonald the Cow (Version 1).
- This is the last VHS to include a Soundtrack CD Enclosed.
- When Baby Newton the Lion cheers after fixing a wooden square frame, Julie's voice can be heard a little.
- The 2002 DVD Concert Hall has music from the Baby Newton Soundtrack CD. Some copies of the 2003 VHS with the Bonus CD Sampler slot come with the Baby Newton Soundtrack CD because the 2003 VHS is the same as 2002, besides the cover.
- This is the last video to have the age warning symbol on the yellow oval and a speech bubble at the bottom.